ABFF® Comedy Wings Competition
Presented by HBO
Search to identify outstanding comedic talent and expose undiscovered comics aspiring to careers in film and television, as well as provide the winner with access to new industry contacts and an additional live performance opportunity.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Entrants submit a 3-5 minute video of their stand up performance
- Submissions are narrowed down to nine (9) comics who are invited to compete in the semifinals in Los Angeles in April, where they will perform a 7-8 minute set before a live audience.
- Five finalists are selected to receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the ABFF in Miami Beach Beach, FL , where they compete in the Comedy Wings Competition Finals.
- Each finalist performs a 10-12 minute set in front of the festival audience and a panel of up to nine (9)
- 21 years of age or older.
- Open to all persons of African descent.
- Must be permanent, legal United States (“U.S.”) residents who are physically residing in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States including the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. territories).
- ABFF provides each finalist with two (2) festival passes (value $1,400).
- Domestic travel and hotel accommodations (up to four (4) nights) to the 2019 ABFF in Miami Beach Beach, FL. June 12-16
- The ABFF Comedy Wings Competition winner receives a $5,000 cash prize.
- The winner also has the opportunity to meet with an HBO executive post festival.