Narrative Features: Films that tell a fictional story, events or narrative.
- Film must have a 72-minute minimum runtime
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Writer, director or producer must be a person of African descent, or the film content must have a multicultural perspective.
- Competition is open to U.S. and international entries.
- Films must be in the English language or contain English-language subtitles.
- Films must have completed principal photography on or after January 1, 2018.
- While it is our preference to exhibit films in this competitive section that are world premieres, Narrative Features that have previously screened at up to two (2) other festivals are eligible for this section.
- Films that have been, or will be, broadcast or streamed on television or the internet, or released via any other public distribution platform (theatrical, Blu-ray, DVD, VOD, etc.) in any country prior to June 17, 2019, are not eligible for this category.
- Jury Award – Best Narrative Feature (Prize $5,000)
- Jury Award – Best Director, Narrative Feature (Prize $5,000)
- Jury Award – Best Screenplay, Narrative Feature (Prize $2,500)
- Best Actor Award – presented by Dream In Black AT&T (Prize TBD)
- Audience Award – Best Narrative Feature (Prize TBD)