ABFF is excited to announce the launch of the very first American Black Film Festival Turner TV Writing Contest designed to shine a spotlight on new diverse writers who are invited to submit an original pilot script in comedy or drama categories.
Together, Turner and ABFF will select five TBS/comedy finalists and five TNT/drama finalists, and one winner in each category will receive a trip to the 2017 American Black Film Festival in Miami from June 14-18, 2017, where they will receive an award before the festival audience which will include a cash prize of $500, and the opportunity to meet with Turner Original Programming executives.
Please review general submission guidelines below, along with the official rules.
- Be members of a diverse or underrepresented community
- Not have had any prior professional TV writing experience
- Submit an original pilot script (drama or comedy) suitable for adaptation into a television program, and a plot summary
- Submit headshot photo and bio
- Read, complete, and sign the submission agreement
- Submit all materials as outlined in the official rules to TurnerWritingContest@abffventures.com
- Submit within the submission period: February 22, 2017 to April 5, 2017
Please note: only the first 200 submissions will be accepted for review.
Click here for the official contest rules.
Click here for the submission agreement.