2020 PANELS, LIVE EVENTS & SPOTLIGHT SCREENINGS
SATURDAY, AUGUST 29
2:00 p.m. EST (Live Event)
PEACOCK PRESENTS: BLACK BOYS
(Sponsored by Peacock)
A special clips and conversation with black creators and talent that highlights relevant content that reflects Black Experiences in America. Featuring Sonia Lowman, Director, Black Boys; John B. King, Former U.S. Secretary of Education for President Barack Obama and Shawn Dove, CEO Campaign for Black Male Achievement | Moderated by Howard Bryant, Author, Journalist, ESPN and NPR.
- Sonia Lowman, Director, Black Boys
- John B. King, Former U.S. Secretary of Education for President Barack Obama
- Shawn Dove, CEO, Campaign for Black Male Achievement
Moderator: Howard Bryant, Author, Journalist, ESPN and NPR
5:00 p.m. EST
NETFLIX PRESENTS: THE FORTY-YEAR-OLD VERSION
(Sponsored by Netflix)
A candid, thought provoking and hilarious conversation with the writer, producer, lead actor and directorial debut from Radha Blank, the highly anticipated THE FORTY-YEAR-OLD VERSION – produced by Lena Waithe.
Moderator: Tre’vell Anderson, Writer
8:00 p.m. EST
(Sponsored by Sony Pictures Entertainment)
The creators, executive producers, directors and star of the brand-new series, WOKE, have an in-depth discussion about the show premiering September 9th on Hulu.
- Lamorne Morris, Actor, Woke, New Girl
- Keith Knight, Cartoonist, Creator, Executive Producer, Woke
- Marshall Todd, Creator, Executive Producer, Woke
- Maurice “Mo” Marable, Executive Producer, Director, Woke
Moderator: Carl Jones, Writer/producer, The Boondocks, Black Dynamite