Shoot Your Shot National Casting Call
Presented by UMC and ABFF
The American Black Film Festival (ABFF) and UMC, the first and largest streaming service for Black TV and film from AMC Networks, are partnering to kick off a nationwide casting call for the co-star of its latest original production, “Partners in Rhyme.” A new half-hour sitcom created by “Martin” and “The Jamie Foxx Show” alum Bentley Kyle Evans together with MC Lyte, “Partners In Rhyme” chronicles the trials of an up-and-coming female high school rapper, social media sensation and foster kid who thinks she is the best thing to happen to the rap game since “Enter Your Favorite Female MC Here.” MC Lyte also stars in the sitcom as a label executive charged with helping the difficult but talented new artist navigate the industry.
- Must be 18 years of age to enter.
- Each participant will have to submit the following: i) a 2-min profile video about themselves ii) a theatrical scene performance iii) a rap performance of 1 verse of their choice (original or cover). If any questions, email Casting@SunniGyrl.com.
- All submitted materials become the property of UMC & Sunni Gyrl, Inc.
- Submissions will be accepted until 7/31/20.
- Notifications of the contest results will be made by 8/10/20.
- If you are selected as one of the 5 finalists, you will participate in the final round of the casting call as a part of the ABFF film festival. You will have to perform a scene from the new sitcom, Partners in Rhyme, and perform a rap verse in front of the panel of judges and a live audience.
- The winner will ultimately be cast in the new, original series, Partners in Rhyme, starring and created by MC Lyte and Bentley Kyle Evans.
- We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. Please submit qualified performers without regard to disability, race, age, national origin, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law.
Your video submission must include the following:
- A 1-2 minute profile video
- A Theatrical Scene
- A one-verse rap performance (original or cover)
If You’re One of the Five Finalists:
- You will be required to perform a scene from Partners in Rhyme as well as a rap verse of your choice.
- A panel of judges along with the audience will vote on all of the finalists.
- The winner of the national casting call will be awarded victory on the spot.
- Episode 1 of Partners in Rhyme will premiere exclusively at ABFF in June 2021 and the key cast members will be in live attendance. The show will air on UMC later that year.
Please Note: All questions should be emailed to: Casting@SunniGyrl.com