Narrative Features: Films that tell a fictional story, events or narrative.
Deadline Extended to May 25
- Film must have a 72-minute minimum runtime.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Director or writer and producer must be a person of African descent.
- Competition is open to U.S. and international entries.
- Films must be in the English language or contain English-language subtitles.
- Films must have completed post-production on or after January 1, 2019.
- While it is our preference to exhibit films in this competitive section that are world premieres, Narrative Features that have previously screened at no more than two (2) festivals are eligible for this section.
- Films that have been, or will be, broadcast or streamed on television or the internet, or released via any other public distribution platform (theatrical, Blu-ray, DVD, VOD, etc.) in any country prior to October 21-25, 2020, are not eligible for this category.
Deadline and Fee:
No Later than
May 25, 2020
- Jury Award – Best Narrative Feature
- Jury Award – Best Director, Narrative Feature
- Jury Award – Best Screenplay, Narrative Feature
- Jury Award – Best Actor, Narrative Feature
- Audience Award – Best Narrative Feature
- John Singleton Award – Best First Feature