Social Impact Showcase: A non-competitive section of curated short-form content aimed at changing the conversation about issues that disproportionately impact communities of color, followed by a panel discussion. This year’s theme, “ABFF Pride,” is centered on eradicating unconscious bias towards the LGBTQIA community.
- Film must have a 30-minute maximum runtime inclusive of credits.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Director or writer and producer must be a person of African descent AND the short-form content must address an LGBTQIA issue or centered experience within communities of color.
- Open to U.S. and international entries.
- Must be in the English language or contain English-language subtitles.
- Films must have completed post-production on or after January 1, 2019.