The 2020 ABFF® Poster Art Contest
WHAT IT IS
The American Black Film Festival 2020 Poster Art Contest is a competition to create a signature poster design that is used to promote and brand the film festival for the year. The winning poster design will be featured as part of the American Black Film Festival’s (ABFF) marketing and promotional campaign — from the face of our website, ABFF.com, to the cover of the festival’s souvenir guide. You can view some of our past designs here: https://www.abff.com/archives/posters/.
Along with garnering valuable exposure to their talent, the winning artist will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the 2020 ABFF in Miami, Florida, held June 17-21, 2020, and be publicly acknowledged on opening night.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
An outstanding original graphic design that projects the spirit of the festival. At the heart of the ABFF is community — independent content creators and artists striving to expand and elevate their art and careers to new heights. They descend on South Beach for five days, along with an enthusiastic and supportive audience of Hollywood insiders, movie and culture lovers — all there to see the best in Black film, television and digital media. We summarize that as “Cool People. Hot Content.” We’re looking for a fresh, visually exciting representation of ABFF, in the form of a poster.
November 20, 2019
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
- Open to all graphic designers worldwide, age 18 years and above.
- Submit one (1) piece of original poster art in both i) portrait orientation (24″ wide x 36″ high) and ii) landscape orientation (36″ wide x 24″ high). Accepted digital formats: .jpg or .png (minimum 300 dpi).
- Submit and upload artwork to: https://forms.gle/wyShSx4R72gKbvP17. Be sure to include your full name, contact information and any social media handles.
- Semi-Finalists: Three semi-finalists will be selected and notified by no later than December 1, 2019. If you are selected as a semi-finalist, you must agree to one revision of your art, which will include incorporating the festival’s official logo, location and dates into the poster design.
- Winner: One winner will be notified by December 10, 2019. If you are selected as a winner you will be required to deliver the following within 48 hours of notification:
- Signed release form, which provides ABFF with all rights to the poster art.
- Deliver the high res. vector files of the poster (along with any featured fonts).
- Prize: Winning artwork will be used to represent the 2020 ABFF visually (across digital and print materials at the festival’s discretion) and winning artist will receive a trip to the 2020 American Black Film Festival (June 17-21) inclusive of one (1) round-trip American Airlines airfare ticket from within the United States to Miami, FL, one (1) hotel room for four (4) nights, two (2) Sobe festival passes, airport transfers and per diem.
- Submission Deadline Reminder: November 20, 2019
Now, we welcome you to show us your vision!